Worcester State University
Drawing on a range of disciplines and disciplinary crossings,
but especially working in the enactive approach to mind and language,
Dr. Elena Clare Cuffari investigates the constitutive roles that our
bodies and interactions play in meaning creation and meaning
experience. She is Assistant Professor of Philosophy and Department
Chair of Philosophy at Worcester State University.
Mark Dingemanse studies language as shaped by and for socia
interaction. He is interested in how language enables us to express
ourselves and to act as one with others.
Omar Rizwan is interested in 'systems' and interfaces. He
currently works as a researcher at Dynamicland
, a research lab
founded by Bret Victor, building a different kind of computer
system. He lives and works in Oakland, California.
University of Twente
Jelle van Dijk is a design-researcher, teacher, writer,
speaker and he draws comics. In his research he investigates the
embodiment of human being in relation to the design of interactive
technology. His current work centers on participatory design for and
with people on the autistic spectrum.
|8.30||—||9||Coffee and breakfast snacks available|
|9.10||—||10||Jelle van Dijk, Designing for a Diversity in Sensemaking|
|10||—||10.30||Bruno Galantucci, The (un)faithfulness of human informational exchanges|
|10.50||—||11.20||Audrey Mazur-Palandre, Jean-Marc Colletta & Kristine Lund, “Here we go, I’m going to explain how we play” Multimodal, procedural explanation from a developmental perspective|
|11.20||—||11.50||Vincenzo Raimondi & Charles Lenay, Haptic languaging: turn-taking and meta-coordination|
|11.50||—||12.40||Omar Rizwan, Humane computing in Dynamicland|
|13.40||—||14.30||Elena Clare Cuffari, Language and the Future of Bodies|
|14.50||—||15.20||Didier Bottineau, Languaging = Mankind = Biospheric catastrophe, so what?|
|15.20||—||15.50||Jasper van den Herik & Erik Rietveld, Situated Normativity in Languaging|
|15.50||—||16.20||Chris Mitchell & Marieke de Koning, Constructing Speech, a THEMPPO Silent Text Approach|
|16.40||—||17.30||Mark Dingemanse, Brain-to-Brain Interfaces and the Role of Language in Distributing Agency|
|17.40||—||19||Poster session with food and drinks|
- Alice Dupas, An Embodied and Enactive Approach to Experiential (Contemporary) Art.
- Ana Zappa, Deidre Bolger, Jean-Marie Pergandi, Raphael Fargier, Daniel Mestre & Cheryl Frenck-Mestre, Does embodied L2 verb learning affect retention and representation?.
- Alexandre Aguila, Abdallah Bacar, Julien Deseigne, Gérald Gurtner, Thibault Lara & Camille Marie, Cultural rights with 3D vocal prints.
- Daniel Bennett, Anne Roudaut & Oussama Metatla, Multifractal Measures of Embodied Interaction with Technology.
- Min Xia, Embodied Cognition Still Needs Mental Representation.